Monday, April 25, 2011

Never to old to dream big

As many times as I would like to blog about my adventures my follies, I refrain. I read other blogs and think I should write these feeling down. However, who would care. Now I don’t mean for that to sound depressed. I am not depressed only bored at a time in my life when being retired should be a blessing. I am not aging well. I do not feel nor do I want to act like a senior citizen. Unless of course it is on the day, I go to the thrift stores in Eugene. They have great bargains, of which I need nothing. Nevertheless, I am always proud to say oh yes and I am over fifty-five. (Well over).
My good friend and Author (and I) want to start women’s retreats this summer at an old Hippie village near her residents. I am all for it
However, I feel there is so much more to be had at this particular place and if all goes well I want to pursue some leads I have for a rejuvenated summer camp. The place is in total disarray. However, with my enthusiasm and her accountant abilities, perhaps we can find some people old and young to help revive the old place. It is run by a corporation and we are going to try to rent it for the summer. If I can keep myself my dog, my motor home and perhaps even my husband if he will leave our own farm, for any length of time. I would love to restore the many faceted camp. Wish me luck I am perhaps not only a random old woman but an unrealistic one as well. But hey why not? Life is short Eat dessert first, I always say.