Today is my special day. My birthday. My birthday cake of which I ordered and will eat. Reads 65 & still alive. Chocolate with Raspberry filling and butter cream frosting. And purple roses. Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too?
I have always added that Life’s uncertain Eat Dessert first!! I have taken the high road all my adult life never planned never slowed down always had the fun rather than the rational. I cried when I turned 16. I thought my life was over I was old. My deeply loved boyfriend gave me a solitaire diamond ring. It was the best day of my life. That evening as I showed it off proudly to my parents my father asked. “Let me take a look at that” I innocently handed it to him. He said” As he handed it back to my tall dark and handsome boyfriend standing arrogantly next to me. “She can have it when she turns 18. That was the end of my Daddy’s little girl relationship with my father. From then on, he never trusted me or had much love for me. I think it broke his heart that there would be another in my life. And to this day, I really believe that he turned against me. I can honestly say that our love was innocent I had never had sex. Never drank. Never did a drug. It was chaste little house on the prairie romance as could be. I have had turmoil in my life many, many life threatening illnesses. Four husbands. (never marring the one I wanted at sixteen.) Having the chance many times through his four marriages. But always backing out. I think my father ruined it from the beginning. But finally I found one I could love and cherish and have been a good and faithful wife, for the past thirty years.. Fifteen years ago I was diagnosis with renal cell cancer. I had my kidney removed , (among other things) and told I had five years. Beat the odds…. I am still here. And give praise to the Lord because He isn’t through with me yet and for that I am so very Thankful.